September 24, 2011

Times flying by.....

Pin It
Can't believe it has been over 2 months since my last post...............it certainly is incredible how time flies.

Well, its probably quite obvious from my lack of posting that I haven't been working in the studio on anything new.................due to a variety of different reasons........

Inspiration drainer # 1 - Lackluster Sales - Even if you are doing something you love..........If months and months go by and you sell little (some months nothing).......and you have devoted hours and hours into projects and have scrimped from other parts of your family budget to buy fabrics, paint etc....Discouragement sets in, especially after working sooooo hard for many years in hopes of increased sales, not diminished sales.........yeah I know, the economy is bad..........and its bad for me also!
Inspiration drainer #2 - Need to find a REAL JOB - You know, one of those jobs where you get a paycheck everyweek........and don't need to invest half of it back into material costs. Some, my hours of sewing have been spent job hunting, researching, working on resume, and practising for an interview. And, ofcourse the economy is bad......so I haven't received any expression of interest back from any of my applications............yet. But I am still hopeful!
Inspiration drainer # 3 - Financial Stress - Yes, stress is a real downer......and the inspiration just isn't there.


However, as an Optimist I am always hopefully that things will improve and take shape in whatever way they are meant to.......the lessons I am learning through this "funky" period may prove helpful later on.........you just don't know.


In the meantime, I am going to list some of last years Christmas Season leftovers at discount prices. There will be lots of ornies, door greeters etc..... available.....as I am not investing in participation in any Christmas Shows or Craft sales this year. Last year I spent lots of money to participate in multiple shows, and didn't even break even with my costs.
I'll be listing them sometime in the next few weeks in my ETSY SHOPPE for those interested in taking a peek at them........


I am hoping inspiration will return to me soon...............

No comments: