January 18, 2012

Love Bunny - Primitive Valentines Day Bunny

Pin It
Some Bunny Loves You

A corny sentiment on the apron of this primitive doll "Some Bunny Loves You" - makes the perfect addition to decorate for Valentines, and because its a bunny, leave it displayed for Easter as well. I made three of these bunnies, all very similar with variations in dress fabrics. My goal was to "prim and age" these gals up to suit both extreme primitive decor, as well as more traditional prim decorating. Their bodies are made from muslin, which has been stained, coffee dyed, painted, and sanded . Aprons are hand stitched/embroidered. Dress Fabrics were also aged, coffee dyed, and baked for a stiff OLD GRUBBY appearance...like they have been stored in the attic for many decades.Faces were needlescupted, for dimension with basic embroidered eyes to keep with the simple doll style of the early 1900's. The ears are wired and pose-able.
It certainly is difficult to get good camera shots inside during winter...so many lighting issues.....I will take some better pictures
before listing these cuties in my ETSY SHOPPE! But here are the preview shots of the first "Love Bunny".
I'm going to attempt photographing these "Love Bunnies" outside and will upload pictures of all three when I get some decent digital photos.
So...its back to work I go.......


No comments: